Friday, September 23, 2011

Lion Heads


Jhampa and his sister Seraphina are lion head babies, adoptable through The Rabbit Haven. Categorised as triple lion heads they have side and top mane and a skirt. They are also our neighbors. The pumpkin was grown in the backyard in the "Do Nothing Garden" it is one of 15 Hokkaidos.



Here you can see his skirt growing out.



I took pictures of them less than a week ago and they didn't have their manes, fur grows so fast!


"Excuse me I think this may be my best side"



She will be even more amazing when she grows up, if you can believe it.


Still a little shy.


10 comments:

Lo said...

Oh.....unbelievably adorable. I want to hug her so bad.

bunnits said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Jade said...

Huggable and *squee*-zable! :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh how sweet and adorable!

Lisa Alto said...

So cute! I want one!!!!

Interesting fact about the breed too- I think Bella must be a triple lion head as she has a skirt too (which we have to trim to stop her gathering up and trailing hay around the house!). I never heard that term before, and when we adopted her, the rescue just told us she was prob mixed breed as they didn't know her parents.

I learnt something today- thank you!

PJ said...

What cutie pies! I'm sure somebun will love them enough to take them home.

The Fab Furs said...

So photogenic! Must have been too entranced by the camera to nibble on the pumpkin.

Unknown said...

I had a lion head once and he was so cute, however, he had these set of funny teeth which protrudes out sooo long like tusks. Sadly, he died later. He looks good next to that orange pumpkin :)

RG said...

Luv Em .... Zoey and Chico do too!!!!

Lisa said...

I want a pumpkin! And a Do Nothing Garden! And a LionHead!

My Sogna girl certainly isn't a lionhead but we think she may be mixed with a longer-haired breed. I remember awhile back a certain Alice told me that the Sogna's skirt was permanent. While it is semi-permanent, and looks like the lionheads most of the time, it's actually just shedding and occasionally does subside.