Saturday, May 01, 2010

Just the Facts



Mirror, mirror on the wall....

Before developments get out of hand and I am accused of withholding BunBond information, here's what has happened since our Girl Road Trip. I decided that instead of being disadvantaged by the lack of neutral place I should use that to further the bonding by switching Amelia and Harriet around from area to area so that, in essence, they each "owned" everything. To create more or less equal territories a radical remodel took place: instead of a large pen, the fencing now divides the room in half.

Harriet asks "Does orange bring out the color in my eyes?"

OK, so the Spots don't have access to the back of the room and Bunnex; you can't please all the bunnies all the time. With the new set up it's easy and casual to pop one or the other rabbit into the other's space and have a session. Now for the really big news that has only been posted on Facebook, see what you miss not following me on Facebook? AMELIA HAS GROOMED HARRIET. Yes, you read that right, Amelia, "I never groom anybody because I am such a precious beautiful talented pink eyed girl bun" groomed Harriet; not just one time, but twice in a session and then again in another session. After the first grooming Harriet, who seems to have forgotten social graces, up and nipped at Amelia, perhaps to say "why did you stop, you white fool!" In subsequent sessions there has been a little chasing on both parts and a some nipping. Amelia has requested grooming from Harriet, but been denied.
Amelia, fashion enhanced.

So far Harriet has only groomed me. Since the Road Trip and our extensive lap session Sydney has been, possibly slightly less skittish with me and petting. Tyler is definitely a factor, he seems to have her pretty cowed, when I see that he is occupied in the girl's room I go and have visit with Sydney. Rabbit relationships can be a bit tricky, but rabbit fashion is not, everything looks good! Nasturtiums are in season and the make charming, colorful hats for rabbits of all shapes, sizes and hues. One size glorifies all and they are %100 organic and edible.

Tyler loves hats.












13 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love the nasturtium hats, very now, every bunny should have one....

Unknown said...

I was following on FB, but my 13 yr old snuck onto my laptop and went to the forbidden MySpace and got a virus and crashed it. I am on DHs computer and he does not want me to go to FB or even surf. He is afraid of viruses. ??
So I am stuck in 2005. 8(
Nasturtium? I'll have to test that.
I'll bet BF is happy with the fence dividing the room!

Lisa said...

The more equal space, the better.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Grooming is a huge step. You truly are the bun bonding guru.

And Amelia is such a fashionista.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

C-was wondering why your presence seemed somewhat diminished. Virus from MySpace? ick, I guess cooties are real. 4Buns say hi to Silver.Oh, and BF doesn't really care, he is not in this room except to use the printer.
CGP-yes, very now, so seasonal :)
L-we hope to take the fence down soon...Yes, you are right Amelia is quite the fashionista...and she knows it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hats and now Orlando wants to eat one.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Love, love, love those hats! And...I guess I'm a little slow here, but Harriet and Amelia appear to have opposite feet. Amelia has white legs and dark slippers; Harriet has dark stockings and little white shoes. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful update! and of course orange is going to enhance all their beautiful features!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

DKM- then he should have one to eat! out you go to find him one, chop, chop!
BG-You're in on it now! that's all that counts.

Glenna said...

Oh, my poor buns don't have orange hats! I'm a bad bun mom.

RG said...

Orange is surely the color for Harrietta ...

Nasturtiums not blooming here yet ... the plants are still very small. Dandelions are it.

One day you are going to learn exactly what these bunnies want, how they want it, and when. One day ....

Tamsin said...

I planted out baby nasturtiums yesterday, I can't wait for flowers they are so bright and colourful and of course make great hats :)

Glad the bonding is progressing... have you tried sneakily grooming when they ask the other bun. They tend to close their eyes so if you rub their nose with a finger they think they got groomed ;) Sometimes stoking the one that's meant to be doing the grooming seems to trigger licking as well.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

T-yes, I do a lot of petting them both when their heads are down and together and neither one is responding to the other. I also do this when they are close and have the fence between them switching hands often to mixed up the scents. Your bunnies will love the Nasturtiums!
RG-The Bunns are waiting eagerly to eat your Nasturtiums!!!!
G-your trio will look so dashing in flower hats, get them some! you can still get on the the good bun mom list :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Grooming! That's fantastic!
Those hats are truly vogue!