Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Bunday

Laptop is back and functioning though there are a few glitches like the pictures in this post show only as code until previewed. In the end it was the hard drive that had given out, as it was still under warranty it was a matter of waiting for Hitachi to send my computer guys a new one. In the meantime I was able to check my Email on the BFs laptop. That machine was less than optimal and often quit or would not allow me to leave comments on other blogs and of course he wouldn't let me put rabbit photos on his machine since he was sure that is the reason my hard drive seems to die annually. The old SuperBook was beyond frustratingly slow and often had to have a mercy force quit. Additionally, to use the aforementioned laptop meant going into BFs study. BF is a hoarder and the study is filled with books and decades of papers and empty tea boxes. His laptop sits atop an old IBM Selectric type writer, which I am told is really the only way to to write. To prevent the laptop from falling in cause of earthquake it is secured by a yellow nylon rope which must be secured every time one leaves the machine unsupervised. The Spots love to go into the study and look for unprotected cords and chew on the papers covering the floor, if the door is left just slightly ajar they are in there in a second and BF is flummoxed on how to get them out. Tensions began to run high and higher when ever I checked my EMail and finally, tired of waiting for Hitachi to send the new hard drive I just bought another and had it installed. When the other arrives I'll have one in reserve that I can use to back up data (what a concept) or can give to BF or DS should they need it. In all due fairness to BF although he may be a hoarder I think I can honestly say there are few men who would allow their homes to be turned into a warren.

On to more important topics. Harriet as Whistler's mother (AKA Arrangement in Gray and Black). I think the mittens help.....next time fun with clover!!!!!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! What a saga! You sure were missed. Great Composition on Harriet! It works!

Lisa said...

So glad you're back!!! We missed you!

Annette Tait said...

ooh! two very beautiful works art Diana - I must say I do prefer the top one with mittens over gloves!
so glad your computer saga is over, what an ordeal, though the Spots must've loved the opportunity to hunt for cables and papers - good to see you back!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Welcome back! Don't jinx us, though, by suggesting rabbit photos kill the hard drive. Eek!

RG said...

Whistler's mother was a lop.

Men - house- warren - ... ahem.

Backup - good plan.

But look - I can personally attest that bunny pictures on a hard drive (I have thousands of them) can cause nthing to go wrong ... go wrong ... go wrong .... go wrong ...

PJ said...

Those loptops are so tempermental. Next time try a LAPTOP, D.

Anonymous said...

Okay, bunny pics are very important, but WE NEED A PIC OF THAT STUDY! The description was too good! I have to see the laptop tied to the typewriter please.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

LC-I will see what I can do, I suspect some folks think I'm making it up...
P-you are right the ears keep flopping.....
RG-read carefully I said few men, you are EXCEPTIONAL :)
BG-you probably back up all your stuff, right?
AFT-Spots love gettting into trouble, which they don't consider to be trouble at all, just their job.
L and MOC-thanx it's nice to be back on the bunternet.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi D! Glad you are back!
Indeed a good likeness with Harriet and Whistlers Mother. hee,hee,hee.
BF is a good man for letting his home become a warren as well as providing optimal bunny entertainment with paper can cords. What a guy! ;)

Friend of the Animals said...

K, u know u are not supposed to store pics on the hard drive right?

It's a no no.

Glad u are back, but didn't miss ya too much since I got ya on Facebook.

RoadBunner said...

Ha ha. I LOVE Harriet as Whistlers Mother :)