Saturday, August 15, 2009

Trial Integration II


Have not given up on integration, actually I was waiting for a morning when Boyfriend was gone......three rabbits are pushing his limits and rabbits scrabbling for dominance might push him over the edge. Since everything is an experiment here in the Rabboratory I added a few factors since the last effort.
1) I changed the fence configuration so that it could be opened with causing a major disturbance.
2) All rabbits were peacefully eating when I removed the fence.
3) I rang tuning forks during the bunbreakfast and their face to face meeting. If things seemed to be on the way to being too heated I rang louder.

Bunbreakfast; the Greens Course

The tuning forks I used are the ratio of 8 to 13 or phi ratio. This ratio is not found in Western music as it cannot be played on an even tempered instrument. Nor has it been found in Eastern music or any scales on this planet. It does exist in nature as the spiral. The most common example of this is the spiral inside a nautilus shell. The Fibonacci series is another aspect of of this ratio. Some believe it is the ratio of love and others that it activates new aspects of DNA, the spiral within our cells. At any rate the rabbits seemed to think it interesting if played softly and alarming when louder, so that was good enough for me.

Amelia and Tyler have an encounter of the bun kind

On opening the fence Amelia immediately wanted to go out and Tyler wanted to go in. There was a brief nose touch, no biting, but I clanged a bit on the forks. At one point Sydney and Amelia touched noses and Sydney went right back to eating. Things started heating up again and I clapped my hands. This stopped everything. Both Spots left the kitchen. On coming back in Tyler found Amelia coming out of her room and then there was a little fight, scuffle, altercation. I broke it up, picked up Amelia and shut the gate. Hard to tell who got more fur removed since they are both basically white. After being sure that Amelia hadn't been wounded and got a bit of a cuddle, I found Tyler, who must have been upset since he was very snugly and almost clingy. He seemed OK too, though spent some time behind the couch sulking. Amelia finished her breakfast.
Right before the fight

Next time I'll try my other tuning forks which are a perfect fifth or the ratio of 2 to 3. The great Chinese philosopher, Lao Tzu, thought this interval to be the sound of Universal Harmony between the forces of Yin and Yang. In India it is the sound through which Shiva calls Shakti to the dance of life. It is the sound that Apollo, Greek God of Sun, Music and Healing plucked on his lyre to call the dolphin messengers to Delphi. I will also be feeding the rabbits a bit of Chamomile for calming and putting Five Flower Formula in the water. At the school I used to work at the Kindergarten teachers would put this in the water cooler during the first couple months of school, it seemed to help the little ones acclimate.

And yes, we have wildfires here are are barely contained. Although the Rabbortory is not in any danger from the flames, it is smokey outside and there is plenty of ash.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow would have never thought of tuning forks. Looking forward to hearing how the others go. Glad to hear the fires aren't threatening your area, but figured it must be really smokey and icky out :(

Crafty Green Poet said...

gosh I would never have thought of tuning forks either. Glad there seems to be some progress, I hope they all make friends. Glad the fires aren't threatening you but wildfires are just horrible anywhere...

RG said...

Maybe the bunns have not read Lao Tzu. Maybe a squirt gun ... no, not for the fires, the bunns!

Been reading about that big fire ... ugh ... good you all are safe.

I bet the tea deal will work. It works for BL ... makes her a LOT calmer sometimes!

Persistence ... probably takes persistence - bonding a third to a bonded pair ... seems like it could be touchy for sure.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good luck with the continued bonding. I was hoping you'd say it had all gone swimmingly, but maybe next time.

Glenna said...

Many small steps. Fur will be shed, feelings will be hurt, but in the end, we worry about it more than they do. I know what you mean about the boyfriend--I've asked for a fourth bun, and the answer is a resounding "no." Maybe a tuning fork will help with that?

Annette Tait said...

So interesting to read Diana - I absorbed it all avidly!!

Hope the buns will ones day be sociable friends. Only time will tell (plus the 5 flowers etc...)

For the first time in over a year Arabella saw Wesley thru the perspex gate I have. I don't know who was more startled - her, him or me!

Good luck.

Unknown said...

keep at it you can do it - it takes A LOT of work Amelia is adorable

Anonymous said...

Your love for animals - I salute.

Christina said...

It will happen in time. Your biggest worry about Sydney and Tyler did not materialize and that is the best thing you could hope for. Just give the boyfriend a home cooked meal. That should settle him down. Have you ever done acupuncture on a bun? I have heard it helps with head tilt but dont know of anyone around me that could do it.

Unknown said...

wow..Amelia is one gutsy bun, domineering too. This is interesting about the tuning forks, i've seen it but not know what it is for. Here we use the singing bowl to create the ringing tune which i think should be similar to the forks. Let's hope the 3 buns bond better next time, poor buns..and we dont know whose fur came off. Happy week.

RoadBunner said...

Keep it up! Baby bunny steps!