Sunday, February 22, 2009

Monday Bunday: Treat Box


I tried to set up a little display, but Sydney barged in and went straight for the dried roses decorating the soap.

Firstly, we are constantly wishing our bunfriend, Fiona, a swift and thorough recovery from her digestive imbalance. 

Received recently from Nottingham, that's Nottingham as in England like in the Robin Hood stories, received recently from across the seas, a box. In that box was a little something perfect for everyone and everybun. Miss Eve and Neville's bunny slave, YowlYY, sent it to us as a thanks for the the little bun-bonding card I made for the happy couple. Many thanks to our Nottingham friends. Who says art doesn't pay? 

There was much milling around of rabbits, Sydney looking for the soap and Tyler wondering what all the excitement was about.

We got a card with a spotted bun on it; a box of dark chocolates (yum, yum, they are almost gone and the box itself is particularly excellent, I am looking forward to storing my rubber stamps it it), some absolutely wonderful, handmade, Rose geranium, soap, and two eggs of bunny treats (described in the card as "bunny crack" but described on the customs slip as rabbit treats).
Tyler wonders what is in the egg? He seems to remember having to deliver a number of these last Easter. Rabbits are lucky, they only have to work once a year.

 To me the whole rabbit blogosphere seems unique, though I am sure there are parallel blogospheres for other animals and interests, I do feel fortunate to have electronically connected with all my visitors. Such a kind, humorous and talented bunch of bunny slaves,bunnies (and all the rabbits are so photogenic), and rabbit friendly people,  you are! 

After sampling the contents of the egg, just one piece each, the Spots decide not to deliver these particular eggs elsewhere on Easter.

The other day, just to see who was next door in the blogo world, I hit the the "Next Blog" button, and well, Oh my goodness.......it is not as if I don't know such things exist, but I was rather shocked to have that sort of thing going on right next door! Okay back to work. Enjoy the rabbit centered universe.






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely parcel! Good thing the customs officers didn't have the benefit of twitching, furry noses to detect crack in packages ;)

Err.. what was going on in the blog next door??

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Those are lovely treats, and while I'm glad the buns are keeping those eggs for themselves, it's good to hear they're already thinking ahead toward the big day.

I've never tried the Next Blog feature, as many years as I've been blogging! I don't know what you got, but I just got a bunch of stuff in a foreign language and some pictures of food. *shrug*

RG said...

Yowlly and bunns are a bunch of cupcakes, right?

I'm with Bunny girl .. sure a lot of foreign language travel blogs and family histories .. but then you ARE in California and we aren't ....

Unknown said...

Lucky you, what a geat parcel. Bunny slaves? ..er..I am quite over that now, just tons of bunny love online in blog-land is just fine. The other day my neigbhour asked about our bunnies, I said, I had no time for myself, no time for even the kids when I am home late but I still got to clean poop...I am trying to reduce blog centred universe though..with very little success.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Spots with treats, what a lovely sight...

Anonymous said...

Do you think they ever thought they'd see themselves "in print..." :)

Anonymous said...

Nice pressies!

Fez and the Gang said...

Oooh we are very jealous and think we need some treat filled eggs of our own!

What lucky and lovely bunnies you are!

Erin said...

How exciting it must have been for the Spots to get presents in the mail!!

YowlYY said...

It is always nice to see packages sent overseas arrive safe and sound, and it is even nicer to know that everything was approved of by the Spots. Good of you to take away the soap - it is made of organic ingredients, only plant basis and no chemicals, but still not made for bunnies :)
Do the Spots find the square treats (bunny crack extraordinaire, in comparison with bunny crack standard, round ones) just as exciting and worth fighting for like Miss Eve and Neville do?

PJ said...

Diana,
You're obviously a very good and thoughtful friend to receive such a gift.
And I think the bunny blogoshpere is unique. There are many, many caring communities online but caring for buns requires the slaves to have so many positive qualities:
mercy
empathy
courage
humor
and more. What's not to like?

Also, it is a true blessing to have blogging buddies that share the interests that one holds so dear and cannot entice family and friends to appreciate, no matter how hard we try. I think of it as a form of alternative healing therapy. I don't have a bun 'cept "Saved Dave" but my pup, kitties, and I love being a part of the bunny bloggers and appreciate all your postings and visits to my blog.

tlchang said...

:-) Packages from overseas always seem more exotic than anything domestic! :-)

(What does the soap look like? Are there leaf or flower inclusions?)

Anonymous said...

what a great gift! T & S are probably very wise not to deliver those eggs elsewhere... gotta have some at home to enjoy! glad you were blessed with the package, you truly deserve it!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

FB, BG and RG- let us just say there were orifices and organs of rather extreme proportions involved.
MK-well, no poop to clean with blogs.....
MrB-actually they are featured in some of my prints over at Etsy. The were interested though not surprised to see that someone else did a print of a Spot.
TLC- There were dried roses on top, you can see them in the first pic, there were three, now just two.

Mary-Laure said...

Cool card! Bunny card!

Hmmm, it never occurred to me to hit Next Blog. Should I???

Anonymous said...

I salute you for your love towards animals. Love for all of them.
muaahhhh !!!