Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Bunday: Tri Bun Bond X 3


A good Bunday to all. There is much to report and I'll be as brief as possible. Firstly, Amelia would like everybun to know that her wish for a an outdoor extension has been filled, when weather and noise level (there is a contractor next door who does a lot of work in his driveway) permits, she may survey the the holdings and sniff the air.

"There gotta be some way out of here."
And she did break out, but not for long.

Secondly, we have had two bonding sessions where Tyler was the ambassador of the Spots. Both these went fairly well and no fur flew. I have abandoned, for the time being, the tuning forks, partially because I'm sitting on the floor and diverting possible aggression, and partially because they were maybe too distracting and technical. Now I sit and divert and hum, mostly a sort of tape loop of a few bars of "On the Street Where You Live", I don't know why it just sort of popped out.
This is the set up, Amelia seems to feel perfectly safe next to her fence.

Thirdly, today we held an all Spots session. Amelia was more interested in her outdoor playpen, so the Spots happily ate her greens. She came in and flopped behind the fence/gate which comes out perpendicularly from the wall when open. More or less all was well, though when Tyler started to eat her pellets, Amelia flew at him, I stuck my hand out and got a bit of bite, but Tyler got away.
The girls have a chat......

Later Sydney and Amelia mixed it and I had to pull them apart. I picked up Sydney, figuring she was harder to catch for the post fight wound examine. Sydney and had a very nice lap sit, I love her back satin ears and she knows it. She had no bites, just a lot of fur in her mouth.....Amelia was fine too and a little while later she and Tyler were eating parsley with the fence between them. Next time I am thinking I need to rearrange the room so there are no places where a bun could feel trapped, I think this is what happened with Sydney and Amelia. I'll put the pellet bowl up, maybe just some hay and a few piles of greens.........

Amelia is not sure about this and glares at the approaching Sydney with a pink eye. This pictures shows Amelia's new ear-do, they are getting silver, at first I thought it was mange or something that required a trip to the vet, but the skin is healthy and the fur is growing thicker. I guess these are her winter ears.....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an excellent report - seems like Amelia is blossoming with the good eats and care and so her coat is filling in and she is becoming healthier! You done good! Sorry about the bite though, that's painful! Seems like the more comfortable she gets the less she'll be afraid of sharing her pellets...maybe?!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You're so patient! I'm sure they'll figure it out soon.

I love Amelia's little outdoor annex!

Paula said...

Sigh. My life is so ordinary. Everything is better with buns, even drama. This is the only soap worth watching.

tlchang said...

Winter ears, eh? I hadn't thought about the colors shifting, but I suppose that makes sense. It is so educational watching your life with your hunbuns.

RoadBunner said...

Amelia is so pretty with her ever-changing coat!

Amelia actually looks pretty relaxed in the photos. More good vibes your way for a bunny threesome.

Unknown said...

Hello Diana, glad the tri-bonding went well, expect for the little scuffle...hehe..fur in the mouth, reminded me so much of my buns as they fight all the time, no one ever went near them :(

I am quite sure that Tyler is very happy knowing the girls are 'maybe' fighting over him hehe :D

Let's wait for the day when everything goes smoothly without fur flying off..

Crafty Green Poet said...

glad it seems to be going well, I think they'll all be great friends soon....

Unknown said...

I love your rabbit stories! "On the street where you live", one of my favorites: "people stop and stare, they don't bother me!" One of my favorite memories of living in Southern California was waking up one late night/early morning hearing the most beautiful baritone voice singing this song below my window. No doubt an up and coming actor waiting at the bus stop to go to his day job, unaware that someone lived above the storefront.

Erin said...

I'm way behind but glad to hear you're still bonding them! Sounds like things are progressing, that's great! Keep it up!

Alice said...

oh D, you've done it again. posted a bunny story that leaves me shaking my head with wonder and awe. just when i think i'll not smile any time soon, i turn to you or your blog and smiles and trumped by laughter. thank you for all that you contribute to this world. i don't know where to begin to comment on this post. the one thing that really sticks with me is you calling the tuning forks too technical, only you.

the way you tell this tale and the images you post, it is absolutely the next best thing to being there. thank you for sharing this story, i can NOT get enough.

Christina said...

Well, if someone tried to eat off of my plate I might get scrappy too. LOl

Doesnt look bad at all. I am sorry about the bite. My time at the rescue has resulted in numerous bites from the little stinkers. I have a permanant scar on my leg. I waded into a dust up and the bunny took out his anger on my leg. Whew! that was something else. I had to pry him off. He was MAD.

Your furry kids look wonderful. Amelia is a lucky girl.

Christina said...

Oh, I usually wrap a towel around my hand and arm when bonding the more tempermental kids. That way I can put my hands between them and not get a bite.

Unknown said...

Really cute bunnies. Keep bonding :)

Anonymous said...

I approve of Amelia's outdoor space!
What joy ( and trouble...) our animals bring us!