Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Furry

Being an Angora, Bernadette is all about her fur. When she first came to visit for fur re-hab and to wait for her fur-evah home her facial fur was shortish. It was evident that the person who had her before, and who did quite a bit of de-matting, had had to cut her face fur. I am told, by those who know (TWK) that Angoras DO NOT LIKE to have their facial fur cut. They find it embarrassing, humiliating, and very depressing. When she first came Bernadette was skittish; to be expected, but as I observed her longer it became evident that part of the issue was vision. Her fur was just in the way and things had a way of sneaking up on her. Now that her fur is almost grown out it can be styled away from her eyes and she is more confident. TWK said that a simple barrette was fine, in fact a good thing. Actually the words used were "baby barrette", by which I was not sure whether a barrette for babies was meant or a small sized barrette. I looked for both. I went to three different stores looking for the perfect Bernadette barrette. I could not fine a small enough one with rhinestones so settled for a card of a variety of colors. I do her hair in the morning, removing the barrette each night.

Today was a blue barrette day.

I think she likes it.

Now I can tell when she is looking at me.

18 comments:

Jade said...

I'm sure she loves it. Come on, what diva bun would not like to have pretty jewels in her fur? I suggest some nice rhinestones, perhaps a small tiara-shaped barrette? :)

PJ said...

Yup, check out Disapproving Rabbits for an example of a nice tiara accessory. It cracks me up that she has a barrette and tolerates it and she's color coordinated, too!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh squee! Bernadette is so fashionable!

tamara said...

This makes my whole week. A bunny. In a barette. And my first thought? Well of course. An angora would need a barette, wouldn't she! And then I thought, um, I think about bunnies too much.

Lavender Rabbit said...

Wow, that is amazing. Beautiful and fashionista :) What a bunny!

Glenna said...

You are hilarious and Bernie is beautiful. I will be on the lookout for sweet barettes! Oh! Maybe Elvis needs one. I wonder if they sell barettes with skulls on them.

SixBunnies said...

What a sweet furball she is! I'm glad she's being cared for so wonderfully!

Lisa Alto said...

Such a chic Angora!

Clovie Boy said...

Aha! So she does have eyes! Love the barrette

RG said...

Fashion Trend! (Patience Zoey ...)

The Bunns said...

Don't anybunn be missing this hot deal!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P0V09E/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_4NGypb0EQ3PJ7

Crafty Green Poet said...

How utterly adorable!

Christina said...

That is too cute for words. What a diva!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ok...that is just so totally cute!!!

bunnits said...

The barrette is very cute. What a lovely and fashionable girl Bernadette is.

Little Miss Titch said...

what a pretty fasionista you are!

Christine said...

Oh, she looks so furry sweet!

bunnythreads said...

Really?I did not know that about facial fur? Is that just with Angoras? or other breeds with special fur? I truly believe in `alternate' methods of healing & I've not heard this. This might be a factor in some.