Saturday, January 14, 2012

Changes


I am trying again to make my bunnies happier than they are. Sydney has been chasing Harriet frequently, and pulling her fur, and chasing her away from food. Harriet has been completely good natured about it, but in general she is the bun odd out, except for the occasional grooming session by Tyler; she is alone in a group of three. For months Amelia and Sydney have been the only ones boxing through the fence, Harriet has given up violence for a more spiritual path, it would seem. If Harriet and Amelia could bond there would be less lonely buns about. Three bathtub dates were uneventful and I graduated them to a 4 x 4 pen in computer/gamer den.


Amelia tries to get some attention, maybe she try the other end?


Ah, that's better, they are both requesting grooming, who will be the groomer?


In an effort to create more bonding through safe stress, I pulled both big girls into my lap. They stayed for quite a while, Amelia popping up and out first for a snack. Harriet stayed for many more minutes, a warm pool of soft agouti fur.

Parsley is an excellent dating snack.

16 comments:

Jade said...

Oh to have a lap full of snuggy regal goodness--I would be having a fit of *squee*-ing and falling over dead from joy.

WV: dessea--as in "by dessea, by dessea, by de-beautiful-ssea..." :D

RoadBunner said...

Good luck with the matchmaking. So far it looks like it is going great.

Tamsin said...

Awww, the look very relaxed! Good luck :D

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Parsley also makes for excellent breath. No wonder it's good for dating.

Paula said...

I think somebunny is up to somefing...

Annette Tait said...

my goodness! did I laugh and laugh and laugh!!! 'try other end' - that is so, so funny!
then the 'check mate' after that!
fun and games eh with 2 Queens?
perhaps 2 palaces are needed?

bunnits said...

I hope it goes well. My three are not really quite bonded, but finally seem to get along most of the time when in the play pens, although sometimes fights and hair pulling occurs, so I still do not let them share living space.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hope it continues to go well, they seem to be quite relaxed together

SixBunnies said...

Making bunnies happier makes the world better! Those two are so precious! Everybunny needs a snuggle bunny!

RG said...

We thought Racer and The Princess might work since they are so peaceful outside with just a wire between them ... but noooo .. she chased that boy from one end to the other and fur flew when he stopped!

Zoey and Chico on the other hand - no biggie!

Stay with it ... you get some great experiences and stories!

LOS said...

Maybe they need a private get-away together. Although the pictures looked so promising. I wish you success. BL

Karen M said...

They look so good together. Keeping fingers crossed. Good luck!

RG said...

We used to have a guy with the line "The News Read REAL Slow." Like this:
I - am - trying - again - to - make - my - bunnies - happier - than - they - are.

Really? And you expect ???

MoB said...

Poor bunny, yes, three is a crowd. It seems like bunnies always prefer to have one special friend, who is usually the opposite sex, even if neutered

Lisa said...

Wow. You are so much braver than I. I was cringing just from scrolling down to the picture that I knew would contain both of them. It's pretty incredible to see two buns who were once sworn enemies snuggle like that. You truly are a miracle worker.

Perhaps BLOS has a point. Maybe you could drive them around town for a good while to make them think they are far from home and then drop them off next door for a couple of days?

bonka said...

I absolutely love your bunbuns! They've been my inspiration and shining examples in the quest for a house bunny. Maybe someday the roommate'll come around...