Saturday, December 05, 2009

TriBun Bonding News Flash


Here is the latest hottest story in the bonding of Rabbits3. This morning I woke up to what I supposed was chewing sounds. My sleepy brain thought "Somebun is really going to town on the pellets." Soon the realization crept in that no pellets had been served, therefore somebun had broken into the pellets and served themselves. They would eat themselves silly or sick. Switching on the light I shot my glance around the headboard and saw not a feast but a love fest with Amelia as the center of attention; both Tyler and Sydney were working away at her ears while she tooth purred loud enough to wake the dreaming. Having lost an opportunity yesterday to photograph Sydney grooming Amelia, I grabbed camera and shot as quickly and quietly as I could. As you can see the picture doesn't quite capture Sydney's involvement, you'll have to take my word for that. Despite her apparent recognition of Amelia as a fully accepted element of Rabbits3 Sydney still choose to chase and pull out a bit of fur just 20 minutes later. Sydney is a bun of fiery passions.

Paula a fab photographer from here cleaned up the photo a bit! Thanks for this new look.

21 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

How sweet! Does Amelia ever groom them, or is she Her Majesty now?

Hilda said...

Awww--too cute!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

So far Amelia prefers to the groomed and the adored, she feels it is in this way that she best serves her subjects......

dianasfaria.com said...

that is a really cute story!

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh so happyto hear that Sydney has at least sometimes fully accepted Amelia....

PJ said...

That's wonderful, D, it must have been a special moment. There's no telling where these relationships are going. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

too too awesome! what a joy to see!

Annette Tait said...

The Queen reigns in the dawn!

Christina said...

Congradulations to all 4 of you. Isnt love grand? Well, I think I have told you my girls are like this too. Kissing then chasing, after almost 3 years I believe they enjoy tormenting me.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

C-ha, ha I guess I better get used to it.

Christina said...

should read "congratulations". Sheesh I should learn to proof read already

Glenna said...

Oh, yay! So wonderful to see. We had spats and chasing/hair pulling for a while after the first bonding (Pink & Elvis), but it will go away too.

YowlYY said...

Love the good news, and well done to have had your camera so close by to capture the action :)
Truly, there isn't anything cuter than grooming bunnies' feasts!

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Oh, that is great news! Nothing sweeter than a groom fest going on.

Erin said...

That is so exciting!!! Great job on the bonding:) So cute!

Unknown said...

wooo....nice, the tri-bunding seems to be doing very good, a bit of fur losing will not hurt them, maybe it makes it a bit more exciting he?
Quite often I get my eldest Emilea to repeat these few words (no kidding ok).."i am not a rabbit...I dont need to eat all the time...i am not a rabbit..." She gets mad at me! It's my attempt to try to get her stop eating too much, just like the buns, everything is deposited in her bum :( , and just like the buns, she's not listening much to me ;O

RoadBunner said...

Wonderful!!

Mario was like that when he lived with Chloe. He'd demand to be groomed and would want to snuggle with her at night. BUT at least once a day he'd nip and chase her around :( I was told by a rabbit rescuer some bunnies just have relationships like that, but if they groom & snuggle they are bonded.

Thanh said...

the very cute bunny

Cute Philosophy said...

oh dear... this is just too cute!!! Bunnies are just too cute :D

Lisa said...

So cute. Congratulations to D and the buns3 on a successful tri-bond! I had actually been wondering when Sydney was going to come around just the other day!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

The grooming festival. I never tire of watching them. Always so sweet and peaceful. Then... I want to go get a massage for myself! hee,hee,hee.
bunny hugs,
shell