Thursday, August 16, 2012

Friday Flash 55 #4


A close call. My patient brought her 6 year old son. She needed time alone with the acupuncture needles.  I lured him out with books. After reading one about fish the next was The Velveteen Rabbit. I started tearing up around the time the rabbit got real...luckily it was time to check on mom.

This is Hermes he was my foster rabbit for much of last year. He is a Rex rabbit.
Rex's have no undercoat resulting is fur like velvet(een).
He did find his forever home and you can read about it HERE.
You can find out more about rescue rabbits and the Rabbit Haven HERE



Friday Flash 55 is the brain child of the Gman HERE

10 comments:

PJ said...

A very sweet and velvety moment.<3<3<3

Brian Miller said...

awww...good on you for reading to the little one....and for taking care of rabbits...have quite a few that live in my backyard....

Unknown said...

I wish I could visit Rabbit Haven!!!

G-Man said...

I used to read that to my daughter.
I'm lovin your Funny Bunnies..:-)
I'm lovin your weekly 55's
You are one lovely coney!
Thanks for this cool story, thanks for your support, and please have a Kick Ass Week-End

hope said...

I love when illustrations come to life. ;) Nicely done.

Little Miss Titch said...

fab post love the photo

Unknown said...

wonderful post and great that you do so much voluntary work! Great 55!
Mine is here
Have you a ROCKING WEEKEND!!!
hugs
shakira

PattiKen said...

Awww, that's sweet. And a foster rabbit? Good for you.

bunnits said...

Neat. And love the photo

RG said...

Hear! Hear! Hear!!!

Years ago I was in a group that developed and taught a class about Transactional Analysis (I'm OK - You're OK. Born to Win.) The Velveteen Rabbit was part of our tale. "People to People" we called it! Before YouTube or Powerpoint! Lots of fun. Could get pretty emotional for some.